Full photo gallery below. The car is located in Georgetown, Ontario.
This 2006 BMW 330i M Sport (E90) is an amazing enthusiasts car! It features a 6-speed manual gearbox with short shift kit, rear wheel drive, sport suspension, a Dinan cat-back exhaust (which sounds amazing without being obnoxious — see video below the photo gallery), finished in Alpine White III paint with tinted windows, M-Sport body trim, and sport seats. When I purchased it in 2012 I specifically sought out the 330i instead of a 335i for it’s superbly responsive and reliable engine without the risk of expensive turbo failures.
- 243,100 kms.
- Excellent condition throughout.
- Alpine White III paint over black Dakota leather interior.
- Naturally aspirated 3.0-liter straight 6-cylinder rated for 254 bhp @ 6600 rpm and 221 lb.ft @ 2500 rpm.
- Dinan stainless steal cat-back exhaust that sounds amazing. (SEE VIDEO below, after the photo gallery.)
- 6-speed manual short shifter kit.
- Rear wheel drive.
- Sport suspension.
- Wheel spacers and longer studs.
- NO accidents.
- Sport seats.
- Garaged for most of the time I have had it (since October 2012) including for the past 12+ months.
- All interior controls and lighting work flawlessly.
- Electric windows and sunroof work flawlessly.
- All electrically operated seat functions work flawlessly, including heating.
- A/C blows cold.
- Split 40/60 folding rear seats, plus ski passthrough.
- The car has been serviced regularly by Auto Evolution in Oakville. Some of the more major maintenance items:
- Water pump replaced at approx. 145k-150k km (June 2015).
- New battery at 176k km.
- New starter motor replaced at 211k km.
- Front rotors and pads last done at 185k km.
- Oil pan gasket and rear subframe bushings, rear bearings, rear shocks at 195k km.
- Valve cover gaskets and spark plugs at 220k km (Feb 2019).
- Rear brake rotors and pads at 220k km (July 2019).
- … plus many more receipts.
- New Firestone Indy 500 summer performance tires were installed at 220k km (July 2019) and have one regular summer and one COVID summer (barely driven!) on them.
The 18″ wheels/tires are a staggered setup and include spacers and longer replacement studs — 225/40R18 front and 255/35R18 rear. Firestone Indy 500s are said to be a re-labeled Bridgestone Pole Position S-02s in order for Bridgestone to get more life from the S-02 design and compound, and are superb summer tires that I highly recommend, especially for the price.
If I was keeping it I would:
- Change the engine oil! It’s due for an oil change, but I haven’t done it because when *I* buy a car I *always* change the oil right away and I assume any smart buyer will also want to do the same just to be sure. (I will include a brand new Mann oil filter.)
- Replace the headlight units. The seals have failed, as they do on pretty much every E90-generation 3-series, and the adaptive headlights no longer “adapt” with their left/right and leveling functions. The lights do still work otherwise, but an adaptive headlight error appears on the dashboard as a result. (OEM lights can be very expensive, but aftermarket replacement units are much more affordable – eg. huntparts.ca and tdotperformance.ca.)
- Address a few small stone chips, primarily on the hood, and a small spot of rust that’s starting to develop on the lower front corner of the passenger door
- Replace the trunk lid struts. (Based on a quick search: $35 for a pair on Amazon.ca, $20 each at Canadian Tire.) Easy fix!