There are SO many cool and interesting cars out there… but what would *I* put in the garage? Since in the real world there are budget constraints, I’m not bothering with a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO or anything quite that insane. So, being reasonable(ish)…
- Porsche 997 Turbo… and a 996 Turbo would be enjoyable too… though really, a Porsche 911 GT3 (preferably an RS). Anything but silver.
- BMW 3.0 CS… because they’re pretty.
- Austin Healey 100… love that folding windscreen and the grill. No thanks to any of the 3000 models, despite the added power.
- Austin Healey Sprite… preferably a red ’58, like my father’s first car.
- Jaguar E-Type… 3.8 or 4.2 Series I… coupe or convertible, but no 2+2.
- Alfa Romeo GTV.
- There are days I quite like the idea of a Porsche 356. Doesn’t have to be a model that’s worth big money.
- Ferrari Testarossa… because Miami Vice. Ha!
- Lotus Exige.
And there have to be some track toys… which are also getting a little carried away.
- Porsche GT3 Cup… or RSR. Ooooh… or 934!
- Ferrari 312PB… oh, the sound!
- Lotus IV / Westfield 11. Either one would be fun… but one would be more affordable than the other!
- Porsche 956/962… a good replica would do the job… or a Porsche 910 or 917.
- Today I’m liking the look of a Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Race Car on BaT too… so, that’s worth considering. 😉
Now, if we get a lot carried away…
- A recent-ish Ferrari… 488, F8, F12, F12 TdF, 812… what else? But also, a 550/575 Maranello would be appealing.
- McLaren 765LT.
- Ford GT40… the 60s version… likely a Mk I because I think they’re prettier.
And then fully divorced from reality…
- Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder… or 275 GTB/4 NART Spyder… because WOW.
- Fine… a McLaren F1… might as well while we’re going full-on loony bin expensive.
Expect this list to change. 😉